The reasons behind opting for surrogacy can vary. But the necessary medical tests that you have to undergo for both your and the baby’s safety is a must! It is essential for the surrogate mother candidate to undergo thorough medical screening before she can be declared capable of carrying someone’s dream and hopes…someone else’s baby!
In fact, if you want to become a surrogate mother and want to work through an agency, a good agency will actually conduct various medical tests on you before they declare you capable and find the ideal intended parent match for you.
At the beginning of the journey…
A medical screening will be performed by an infertility specialist in order to find out evidences of sexually transmitted diseases. The examination will be done through a number of lab and physical tests.
Diseases for which you will be screened at this time are:
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- RH factor
You will also be screened for certain viruses or infectious diseases that affect both the pregnancy and the unborn child.
A urine drug screening is also performed in order to find out the presence of any prescription drug or any illegal drug which might harm the pregnancy. In the latter case, there are absolutely negligible chances of your being ‘allowed’ to become a surrogate mother.
Irrespective of whether the results of the above mentioned tests give you the green signal… you are also required to undergo these:
Tests to Become a Surrogate Mother
- Hysteroscopy/HCG: this investigation will determine how clear the passages of your fallopian tubes are and the size of the uterus; they need to be in optimal condition for a smooth conception / transplant of the embryo.
- Mock Cycle: it will ‘find’ out how your uterine lining will respond to hormone replacement.
- Pap Smear: it points out how healthy your uterus is
- Trial Transfer:
“This procedure consists of a pelvic examination and placement of a tiny catheter inside the uterus to determine the direction and length of the uterine cavity prior to your treatment cycle. This procedure minimizes trauma to the uterine lining during your actual IVF treatment cycle and may enhance pregnancy rates.”
- Psychological testing: it tests your will, your determination, and honest impulse…it tests how strong you are mentally to carry on the journey.
Incoming search terms:
- surrogate medical screening (3)
- surrogacy medical screening (3)
- surrogate mother needed (2)
- tests that should be done before surrogacy procedure (2)
- medical fitness for surrogacy (2)
- tests to b done before surrogacy (2)
- surrogacy screening process (2)
- ehat do they test urine for to do surrogacy (2)
- test for a surogate (1)
- tests that a surrogate mother has to get done (1)
- tests for surrogate mothers (1)
- tests done to determine whether am a good candidate for surrogacy (1)
- test required to performed surrogacy (1)
- surrogate testing (1)
- Test done by the doctor before becoming a surrogate mother (1)
- test done to surrogate mother (1)
- Test for suroget mother (1)
- tests to see if you can be a surrogate (1)
- what tests are done on surrogates (1)
- What test is conducted to select surrogate mother (1)